How to Remove Tar from Your Bicycle
Everyone is familiar with the sticky black substance used in road asphalt – tar. If you’ve rode over patched pothole or a newly reconditioned road surface, there is a chance of splashing tar onto the underside of your bicycle. When driving through an area where roadwork construction is happening, tar particles could get further up onto the exterior of your bicycle, cycling jersey or skin.
Tar is a bit unusual in that it takes quite a long time to harden, but its liquid form is unbelievably sticky and very tough to remove. Fortunately, Tub O’ Towels Cycling Wipes can help. Our heavy duty cycling wipes are specifically engineered to remove even the toughest grimes and stains, including tar.
The Harder Way to Get Tar off Your Bicycle
There are numerous commercial tar removers on the market. A quick Google search will also turn up numerous home remedies, such as WD-40 and even peanut butter. If you want to use one of these methods, here are the steps:
- Apply a small amount of the product to the tar stain.
- Allow it to sit for at least 30 seconds.
- With a clean microfiber towel, scrub the stain in a small circular motion.
- Keep moving to a clean section of towel every time one area becomes dirty with tar.
- Use a separate towel to wipe away any streaks that are left behind.
- Re-apply the tar removal product as needed, and repeat until all of the tar is gone.
- Thoroughly wash your car to remove any left-behind traces of tar.
- Wax your vehicle for a clean, polished look.
The Easy Way to Remove Tar from Your Bicycle
All of the other tar removal solutions on the market have one thing in common: they require a great deal of scrubbing. That’s where Tub O’ Towels Heavy Duty Cycling Wipes really shine. All of our wipes contain our special Bond Buster™ technology, allowing you to wipe away even tough tar stains with a minimum of elbow grease.
- Pull out a Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipe.
- Wipe over the tar stain, allowing the solution to lift the tar away from your car.
- Use a second wipe if needed to achieve a perfectly clean, tar-free vehicle.
About Tub O’ Towels
So what makes Tub O’ Towels Cycling Wipes better than other cleaning wipes? There are actually a few things that set our products apart! Here’s what makes ours the best cleaning wipes you can buy:
- Exclusive Bond Buster™ Technology: All Tub O’ Towels cycling wipes products contain a groundbreaking additive that actually dissolves the molecular bond between the surface and the stain. That’s why hard scrubbing is not required.
- No Harsh Chemicals: Our bond busting additive also means that there is no need for harsh, environmentally unfriendly chemicals. Instead, our gentle, biodegradable mix of foaming agents, emulsifiers, and detergents will lift away even tough tar stains.
- More Durable Wipes: Our heavy duty wipes are carefully crafted to stand up to even the stickiest messes. Each oversized wipe is evenly soaked in our proprietary cleaning solution, and the textured, quilted, poly-blend material wipes away stains rather than falling apart.
In the Market for a Better Cleaning Wipe?
If you want to say good riddance to painful scrubbing and noxious chemicals, we invite you to try Tub O’ Towels Heavy Duty Cycling Wipes today. Want to try our cycling wipes? Be sure to ask your local bicycle shop about Tub O’ Towels cycling wipes or if they can carry these durable, disposable cleaning wipes!